The Trail and Error Phase...

 Hello my lovely pookies, I'm gonna be talking about my editing phase for this music video. When it came to editing, I used CapCut like all my other projects I did in the past. As you can't already tell, I love using CapCut whenever I can use it. It's just a very reliable app, it is also very easy to use. Anyone can easily understand and know how to operate it right off the bat.

The main struggle I encountered has to be finding the right clip that'll fit with both the song and my vision. This is because of how some of the timing of the clips I filmed and liked did not go smoothly in the music video. So, I had to scrap it and redo the scene again. Although it was tedious, it is what it is.

It took more time to re-record and make sure it fitted with the song, it would always feel great when I am finally able to get a useable shot.

It could be just me, but it was definetly awkard as I tried to avoid people trying to do their own thing. I was worried someone would try to get me to stop filming. But luckily, no one tried to say that I couldn't film there.

As I edited the clips together, I would tweak things like muting the ambient sounds from the clips so you could only hear the song. This is mostly due to how I would speak as we filmed and it would catch a lot of sounds like talking or screaming. Honestly, I did not expect to hear the screams of children from the playground all the way to the spot I filmed at. It was honestly impressive, in my opinion. Also, keeping it so the viewer can only hear the music video would be more convient for me. However, I would add in foley for sounds like the cards and when the walking/running scenes occured. Even though the diegetic sound will vary depending on what it is, I feel like it add more to the music video than just having only the music playing. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just Keep on Editing.

Research of jazz rock

Production Blog: capcut + reactions